The admissions process is about finding the best “fit” for a child and a family – a learning environment where a girl can thrive and grow and where the mission and philosophy of a school match the educational goals and values of a family.
The following gives a picture of our admissions process, along, with important dates for each step in the process. All of the following steps must be completed in order for applications to be ready for review by the Admissions Committee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 610-644-4864 or email@example.com.
- Apply by mailing in or dropping off a completed hard copy of the Villa Maria Academy Application or by completing the application online. If you apply by mail we will update you with the status of your application. A $75 application fee should be sent with your application.
- While we encourage families to apply in the fall, we will accept applications through January. Applications received after this time are reviewed on a rolling and space available basis. We encourage you to contact the Admissions Office to ask any questions you may have about the process.
- Please be sure to schedule a meeting with our Admissions Office. This meeting is a great way for us to learn more about your family, and for you to get a feel for our Villa community.
- During our meeting we will discuss your educational and personal goals for your daughter, explore her interests and activities, tour the campus, and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your Family!
The Student visit is required and offers your child the opportunity to meet their classmates, encounter our passionate faculty, be involved in Villa’s unique learning community, and picture herself as a Villa student.
- Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Applicants (optional) –Attend a play day with current Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten students. Details of this visit will be discussed during the Parent Visit.
- Kindergarten Applicants (required):A visit day/play day with current Pre-Kindergarten to be scheduled when application is received.
- Applicants to Grades 1-8 (required): Visiting is the most beneficial way for your daughter to experience a “day in the life” at Villa Maria Academy. Your daughter will shadow with a student in her class while following a typical school day. Does she enjoy music, art, dance, PE, or STEM? We will customize your visit schedule to match your daughter’s interests. She will sit in on classes, meet her potential classmates and teachers, participate in all specials, activities, and lunch. We will have an informal meeting with your daughter about the day and gather some in-house assessments during her visit.
- Transcripts, report cards, and Teacher recommendations (Grades K-8), are insightful tools to help our Admissions Committee learn more about your daughter’s academic journey and accomplishments. All forms should be completed and given to the designated teacher or administrator in a timely manner to insure forms are returned to Villa by January 1st , 2018.
- Release of Records Form– (Required for Grades 1-8 only) The transcript record is to include attendance history, standardized test results and psycho-educational testing if applicable.
- All Admissions Processes must be completed before January 1st. The Admissions Committee will meet to discuss all completed applicant files beginning January 2018.
- To ensure all documents are completed please check your online application status or contact our Admissions Office.
- Families who have completed the Application process by January 1 will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by the beginning of February. If there were delays in completing the application process there may be delays in the decision timeline.
- Upon acceptance, families will be sent an enrollment packet. The Enrollment Contract and initial tuition deposit are due by March 1, 2018 or within two weeks of receipt of the Enrollment Contract. This initial deposit will reserve your child’s space at Villa Maria Academy for the 2018-2019 school year.
Review of the Decision Timeline
- January 1, 2018- All Application processes should be completed and finalized by Applicant Families. This includes the receipt of Teacher recommendations and Release of record forms from your current school.
- January 2018– Completed Applicant Files are reviewed by The Admissions Committee.
- February 2018– Decision letters will be mailed out to all Completed Applicant Families.
- March 1, 2018 – New Student Enrollment Contracts and materials are due. After that date, any remaining openings will be filled by rolling admission throughout the spring on a space available basis.