The admissions process is about finding the best “fit” for a child and a family – a learning environment where a girl can thrive and grow and where the mission and philosophy of a school match the educational goals and values of a family.
Step 1: Request more information
Step 2: Parent Visit
- Schedule a parent meeting with our Admissions Office. This visit will give you an opportunity to have personal tour of campus, observe in the classrooms, and help the Admissions Team learn more about your child.
Step 3: Application for Admission
- Complete the Villa Maria Academy Application Form and send or drop off to the Admissions Office along with a $75 application fee
- Release of Records Form– (Required for Grades 2-8 only) The transcript record must include attendance history, standardized test results and psycho-educational testing if applicable. This is to be attached with the Application for Admission.
Step 4: Student Visit
The visit offers your child the opportunity to meet their classmates, encounter our passionate and caring faculty, be involved in Villa’s unique learning environment, and for your daughter to picture herself as a Villa student. Once we receive your child’s application, we will contact you to arrange a visit.
- Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Applicants (optional) – Attend a visit/play day with current Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten. Details of this visit will be discussed during the Parent Visit.
- Kindergarten Applicants (required): A visit day with current Pre-Kindergarten to be scheduled when application is received.
- Applicants to Grades 1-8 (required): This visit is the most beneficial way for your daughter to experience a “day in the life” at Villa Maria Academy. Your daughter will shadow another student following their typical school day. She will sit in on classes, meet her potential classmates and teachers, participate in all specials, activities, and lunch. We will have an informal meeting with your daughter about the day and gather some in-house assessments during her visit.
Step 5: Acceptance and Enrollment
- The Admissions Committee will meet to discuss all completed applications beginning in January 2017. Upon Acceptance, families will be sent an Enrollment packet. The Enrollment Contract and a deposit of $1,100 are due March 1, 2017 or within three weeks of receipt of the Enrollment Contract. This deposit will reserve your child’s space at Villa Maria Academy and $1,000 will be applied to tuition.
- January 2017– Applicant Files are reviewed by The Admissions Committee.
- February 2017– Decision letters will be mailed out to all Applicant Families.
- March 1, 2017 – New Student Enrollment Contracts and materials are due. After March 1, any remaining openings will be filled by rolling admission throughout the spring on a space available basis.