Founded in 1872, Villa Maria Academy is a Catholic school for girls in kindergarten through eighth grade committed to the charism of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary — love, creative hope and fidelity. Villa Maria Academy also educates boys and girls ages three and four in our co-ed Early Learning Center. The Academy integrates spirituality with academics in a challenging and nurturing learning environment for students with a focus on leadership and service.
View key facts about Villa Maria Academy below.
Total Enrollment (Preschool-8th Grade): 258
Average class size: 15-20
Student-to-Faculty ratio: 15:1
Outstanding professional educators: 50% of classroom teachers have Advanced Degrees with experience at Villa ranging from 1-20 years.
Students come from Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties and represent 18 school districts
Accreditation: Middle States Accreditation 2020
Villa provides a comprehensive curriculum dedicated to the way girls learn.
- On-level and accelerated math
- Literature-based reading
- Expansive writing program
- Engaging science program
- Inclusive global studies program
- Foreign language (Spanish) beginning in Preschool
- Formal catechesis and formative experiences
- Technology integrated into all curriculum areas
Added Value Classes (Preschool-8): Music, Art, Spanish, Physical Education, Dance (K-8), Library, STEM (K-8)
Elective Classes (K-5): Courses are offered each trimester and are taught by classroom teachers
Our Sports/After School Programs
- Athletics Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Field Hockey, Swimming, Volleyball, Track
- Fine Arts: Dance, Baton, Voice and Music Instruction
- Various after-school clubs and enrichment opportunities
Our girls move on to their top choice high schools. Check out where they go after they leave their legacy at Villa.
Villa is “above the cut” with Terra Nova scores over 85% of the national percentile in all grades.