Founded in 1872, Villa Maria Academy is a Catholic school for girls in kindergarten through eighth grade committed to the charism of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary — love, creative hope and fidelity. Villa Maria Academy also educates boys and girls ages three and four in our co-ed Early Learning Center. The Academy integrates spirituality with academics in a challenging and nurturing learning environment for students with a focus on leadership and service.
View key facts about Villa Maria Academy below.
Total Enrollment (Preschool-8th Grade): 258
Average class size: 15-20
Student-to-Faculty ratio: 15:1
Outstanding professional educators: 50% of classroom teachers have Advanced Degrees with experience at Villa ranging from 1-20 years.
Students come from Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties and represent 18 school districts
Accreditation: Middle States Accreditation 2020
Villa provides a comprehensive curriculum dedicated to the way girls learn.
- On-level and accelerated math
- Literature-based reading
- Expansive writing program
- Engaging science program
- Inclusive global studies program
- Foreign language (Spanish) beginning in Preschool
- Formal catechesis and formative experiences
- Technology integrated into all curriculum areas
Added Value Classes (Preschool-8): Music, Art, Spanish, Physical Education, Dance (K-8), Library, STEM (K-8)
Elective Classes (K-5): Courses are offered each trimester and are taught by classroom teachers
Our Sports/After School Programs
- Athletics Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Field Hockey, Swimming, Volleyball, Track
- Fine Arts: Dance, Baton, Voice and Music Instruction
- Various after-school clubs and enrichment opportunities
Villa is “above the cut” with Terra Nova scores over 85% of the national percentile in all grades.