The admissions process is about finding the best “fit” for a child and a family – a learning environment where a girl can thrive and grow and where the mission and philosophy of the school match the educational goals and values of the family.
The following gives a picture of our admissions process, along, with important dates for each step in the process. All of the following steps must be completed in order for applications to be ready for review by the Admissions Committee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 610-644-4864 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Villa Maria Academy partners with New Oasis International Education in welcoming international students to our middle school. International applicants must be in good standing at their present schools.
- Apply online or mail in or drop off a completed hard copy of the Villa Maria Academy Application. If you apply by mail we will update you with the status of your application. A $75 application fee should be sent with your application.
- While we encourage families to apply in the fall, we will accept applications through January. The Application deadline for students entering Preschool through grade 1 is March 15. If your student is entering in Grades 2-8, applications are now being accepted on a space available basis and your deadline will be adjusted accordingly.
- Applications received after this time are reviewed on a rolling and space available basis. We encourage you to contact the Admissions Office to ask any questions you may have about the process.
- Please be sure to schedule a meeting with our Admissions Office. This meeting is a great way for us to learn more about your family, and for you to get a feel for our Villa community.
- During our meeting we will discuss your educational and personal goals for your daughter, explore her interests and activities, tour the campus, and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your Family!
The Student visit is required and offers your child the opportunity to meet their classmates, encounter our passionate faculty, be involved in Villa’s unique learning community, and picture herself as a Villa student.
- Preschool – Kindergarten Applicants (required) –Attend a visit/play day with current Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten students. Details of this visit will be discussed during the Parent Visit.
- Applicants to Grades 1-8 (required): Visiting is the most beneficial way for your daughter to experience a “day in the life” at Villa Maria Academy. Your daughter will shadow with a student in her class while following a typical school day. Does she enjoy music, art, dance, PE, or STEM? We will customize your visit schedule to match your daughter’s interests. She will sit in on classes, meet her potential classmates and teachers, participate in all specials, activities, and lunch. We will have an informal meeting with your daughter about the day and gather some in-house assessments during her visit.
- Transcripts, report cards, and Teacher recommendations (Grades 1-8), are insightful tools to help our Admissions Committee learn more about your daughter’s academic journey and accomplishments. All forms should be completed and given to the designated teacher or administrator in a timely manner to insure forms are returned to Villa.
- Release of Records Form– (Required for Grades 1-8 only) The transcript record is to include attendance history, standardized test results and psycho-educational testing (ie:504, IEP, GIEP ect) if applicable.
For Families interested in applying for financial aid, we kindly request completed applications and financial statements by March 15, 2019.
- Please go to FACTS to complete the Financial Aid application and submit all required materials. Financial Aid application will be open December 1st.
- If you have questions about Financial Aid please contact the Admissions Office
Visit our Affording Villa page for more information.
- All 2nd-8th grade Admissions Processes completed by January 18 will be reviewed in January. All preschool-1st grade Admissions Processes completed by March 15 will be reviewed in March.
- The Admissions Committee will review any applications that come in after January on an individual basis on the applicant file is completed.
- To ensure all documents are completed please check your online application status or contact our Admissions Office.
- Families who have completed the Application process by their appropriate deadline will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision within the month of their completion
- If the process is completed after the deadline there will be changes in the decision timeline. Our Admissions office will discuss your individual timeline with you.
- Upon acceptance, families will be sent an electronic enrollment packet.
- The Enrollment Contract and initial tuition deposit for grades 2-8 are due by March 1, 2019.
- The Enrollment Contract and initial tuition deposit for Preschool-grade 1 are due by April 1, 2019 or within two weeks of receipt of the Enrollment Contract. This initial deposit will reserve your child’s space at Villa Maria Academy for the 2019-2020 school year.
Review of the Decision Timeline Grades 2-8
- January 18, 2019– Grade 2-8 application deadline
- January-February 2019 All Completed Grade 2-8 Applicant Files are reviewed by The Admissions Committee.
- February 2019– Decision letters will be mailed out to all Grade 2-8 Completed Applicant Families.
- March 1, 2019 – Grade 2-8 New Student Enrollment Contracts and materials are due. After that date, any remaining openings will be filled by rolling admission throughout the spring on a space available basis.
- March 15, 2019- Financial Aid Application Due
Review of the Decision Timeline Preschool-1st grade
- March 15, 2019– All Completed Preschool-1st grade applications are due.
- March 2019 – Decision letters will be mailed out to all preschool-1st grade completed applicant families.
- March 15, 2019– All Financial Aid Application for new families are due.