Villa Maria Lower Academy, located in Malvern, PA will host Lt. Andrew Block and the…
7th grade is starting a research project in ELA related to a historical fiction book they read. They’ll be using Noodle Tools to organize their project. Noodle Tools replaces the index cards that were used in the past when creating a research project.
Noodle Tools is an integrated tool for note taking, outlining, citation, document archiving/annotation, and collaborative research and writing.
- Teaches evaluation and analysis of sources; not simply a “machine” that automates the process.
- Extensive help for each citation element.
- Online notecards capture author’s words, images, graphs, and original formatting.
- Software guides student through paraphrasing and prompts for original thinking.
- Built-in editor enables annotation of notes, improving comprehension, analysis and reflection.
- Notecards linked to citations to ensure proper attribution.
- Students share working bibliographies and notecards with teachers for feedback.
- While viewing a student’s citation form, teacher can insert comments and ask questions.
- Web-based, saved work can be accessed from any computer, no software to install.