Volunteers are a key component of our success at Villa Maria Academy. Volunteers help in everyday class life as Home Room Parents, Cafeteria Aides, Library Aides, Field Trip Chaperones, Parent Ambassadors, etc. Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with us at Villa!
Volunteers also help drive Parent Guild events that highlight each year’s calendar. Interested in volunteering for a PG event? For more information, contact Parent Guild Presidents, Lauray and Peter Famiglio at email@example.com.
ALL persons wishing to volunteer at Villa Maria Academy must have their clearances. Please see the following:
As restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic are being lifted, we are in the process of readying to invite volunteers into our academy building.
Volunteers MUST obtain the following certifications
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) (https://www.psp.pa.gov/Pages/Criminal-History-Background-Check.aspx) and
- Child Abuse History certification from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse). (https://www.dhs.pa.gov/KeepKidsSafe/Clearances/Documents/CY113%20form%20-%20English.pdf)
- A fingerprint based federal criminal history (Federal Bureau of Investigation) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is NOT required as long as: The position the volunteer is applying for is an unpaid position; AND The volunteer has been a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous 10 years.
- Virtus training – Protecting God’s Children, Mandated Reporter and Technology Addendum (https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461)
- To access Mandated Reporter, parents must click on https://www.childyouthprotection.org/ and click on the ”Training Institute” tab and either login or register for an account so you access part two of the course: Mandated Reporter.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI certification because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
If a volunteer has not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the previous 10 years but obtained their FBI certification at any time since establishing residency, they must provide a copy of the certification to the person responsible for the selection of volunteers and they are not required to obtain any additional FBI certifications. (IdentoGo Service Code – 1KG6Y3)
Volunteers who are in need of clearance renewal will be notified by email. All correspondence regarding clearances should be addressed to Carolyn Furia.
Volunteers can obtain information on how to acquire their PA Criminal History Clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and Archdiocese of Philadelphia Safe Environment Training in the links to the right.